Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Mother's Secret

                                 
    



My Mother's secret by J.R. Witterik is a Holocaust story from a different perspective. It follows a young woman and her mother as they live their lives during The Second World War. They build, and lose relationships. They they meet people, and this book shows how even the smallest actions may have great repercussions, for good or bad, in the future.  

The story shows the bravery of this mother and daughter as they attempt to hide and support whomever came to them. They go to great lengths to protect those who they hardly know simply because it is the right thing to do. 

When I think about what i would do in their place, I would like to think that I would do the same thing. I would like to think that anyone would do this, but if everyone did, it wouldn't be so amazing and awe inspiring.



No comments:

Post a Comment