Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Diary of a Player



The Diary of a Player is Brad Paisley's autobiography. How he got where he is, and who helped him. I love country music, and Brad Paisley is a favorite of mine. I went to see him sing in Vancouver and it was awesome. I follow him on twitter, so I knew that it would be funny. I also enjoy learning about my favorite people, so this was an easy read.
 Brad Paisley seems to have remained humble in his stardom. A lot of the book is thanking people, and the stories behind why they are important. He has stories about just about everyone in country music, and a section of captioned pictures with many of them. He talks about Playing rock music in high school because that is what his peers wanted to hear, and he just wanted to be cool. He talks about how his music is influenced by all sorts of music, bluegrass, jazz, blues, rock, classic rock...
I don't think that it is the type of book that anyone who isn't a Brad Paisley fan would pick up to read. It talks about inspiration for his songs which is only interesting if you know the songs. I enjoyed hearing the stories behind the songs, and behind the artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment